Winter Solstice 2012 has been a long-awaited day, with predictions that it will mean the end of the world, or full-on human ascension. From a Mayan calendar perspective, we are ending a major era that lasted over 5000 years, and on Winter Solstice 2012 begins a New Era. Whatever it will mean for our society, it is an auspicious time to start fresh. How blessed we are to be alive and going through this gate together!
The “birth” of a new 5,125-year cycle takes more than a day, a month or even a year. The next few years and decades will determine how well we’ve laid the foundation for our New Era to manifest. But what we can do is kick off the New Era with as high a tone as we can, so that it gets as fresh and perfect a start as possible. We can plant the best seeds we know how, and choose love, union, peace and harmony as the water that fertilizes them.
Since this time of year is already perfect for envisioning what we want for the new year, we can take extra steps to prepare for, and to envision how we want to begin our New Era.
Prepare for Winter Solstice 2012 – Release and Envision
Go into the New Era as clean as you can – open your heart and forgive your own human weaknesses and the transgresses of others – this cleans up your karma. Cleanse your mind of negative beliefs and thoughts. Burn your fears and painful memories, not just from last year, but your entire life – do a fire ritual and literally burn and release your fears to make room for love. Take a ritual salt bath and release all these experiences again into the neutralizing saltwater. When you are a clean blank canvas, prepare a list of dreams for your own personal New Era, and your prayers for the world’s New Era.
Manifest on the Solstice – What is your New Era?
While you joyfully commune with the world on this auspicious day, how can you bring in your New Era? Distill your New Era prayers into one image, feeling, or sound vibration. Hold this core essence in your heart during your meditations or ceremonies. You can keep your center by using a chant such as Hail Mary/Our Father or a mantra such as Om Ah Hum Vjara Guru Padma Siddhi Hum from Tibetan Buddhism, or simply the sacred word Om. You can also say affirmations about who you want to be in the New Era: I Am Love… I Am Light… I Am Peace… I Am Harmony… I Am Compassion… I Am Forgiveness… I Am Kindness… I Am Mercy… I Am Healing… I Am Joy… I Am Bliss… I Am Perfection…I think with my heart…I speak my truth…I am One with all of consciousness…I desire the highest good for all…
Participate in Winter Solstice 2012 events – Schedule of World meditations and ceremonies
Tuning in on the “psychic airwaves” with a globally organized event is a powerful way to participate, feel unified with humanity, and to amplify the power of your prayers for the New Era. Below is a partial calendar of events for the Solstice, join events that call you. To make a day of it, Birth 2012 is a major portal for witnessing world-wide ceremony from your living room: http://birth2012.com/tv/
- 3:12am PST – Moment of Solstice – Light a 72-hour jar candle and synchronize it with the energy of these global meditations:
- UNIFY Jerusalem & Harmony in the Holy Land 1pm Israel standard time. http://www.indiegogo.com/harmonyintheholyland?c=home Join interfaith leaders and musicians from the Christian, Muslim and Jewish faiths in a global prayer for the harmony of all world religions.
- 2012 Cosmic Convergence ~ Planetary Solstice Event ~ Meditation http://www.souledout.org/christmas/solsticelight/solstice2012.html
- 9:30-10:30am PST, Be part of 10 million world meditators, lead by spiritual leaders in India http://www.wpsconnect.org/meditate.php
- Noon-1pm PST – Global Unification Moment, meditate on unity http://www.unify.org/
- 2pm PST World-wide singing a Yuruban peace chant – be part of the largest number of concurrent singers in the history of the world http://www.oneearth-onevoice.org/
- 4pm PST Global drumming – join 700 drummers in Teotihuacan, Mexico
- Sunset – light a candle, or acknowledge the candle you lit at the moment of Solstice. Your candle is holding space and keeping faith that the Sun will be re-born after the longest night of the year.
- 8pm – Connect with Japan Peace movement on Mt Fuji http://www.unify.org
- 10:30-10:33pm – Largest number of world-wide Oms in history – connect with the gurus in India http://www.onebillionoms.com/
- All night vigil to await the Dawn – hold the light through the longest night (figuratively and literally!) – light a candle at dusk, and bring the light into the darkness by doing ceremony all night long. Dance your prayers, chant your intentions, draw and paint your dreams and visions. Celebrate and laugh! Watch world ceremonies on the web at http://birth2012.com/tv/. Before dawn, go to a high hill and wait for the sun to come up, then align the light of the candle to the brand new Sun of the New Era! Burn your candle down to the end, so that your foundation is built and all your seeds are planted, receiving their blessings for their fullest fruition.
Winter Solstice 2012 begins a New Era – for even more resources and a more detailed Schedule of World meditations and ceremonies: http://birth2012.com/birth-2012-broadcast-schedule/